Friday, June 14, 2013

Bioderma Crealine H20 VS My other Makeup Removers !

The toughest part, I find while removing my makeup at the end of the day is removing mascara and eyeliner (on the lower lash line and waterline) .. I hate it..

I have tried a lot of drugstore makeup removers and the one that I keep coming back to is 'Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover', as its very fast and good at removing makeup. 

I have been using the following two makeup removers since a while now :
  • Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover (dual phase - water and oil combo)
  • Nivea Daily Essentials Gentle Eye Make Up Remover (water based, formula just like water)

First, I use Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover (this gets rid of all my makeup) and then sweep my eyes and face with Nivea Daily Essentials Gentle Eye Make Up Remover. I like to do that, as the Garnier one leaves my skin feeling oily, which I do not like, so to get rid of that I use the Nivea one, which feels fresh on my skin and is good at removing left over makeup, if any. In a nut shell, I use the Garnier for makeup removal  and the Nivea just as a finishing touch :)

Today I will be comparing Bioderma Crealine H20, the much talked about makeup remover with my other makeup remover (read 'Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover')





Formula
The formula of Bioderma Crealine H20 is just like water, feels refreshing, light  on the skin. It is not greasy at all. 
On the other hand, 'Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover' feels oily and leaves the skin feeling greasy, as its a combination of oil and water. Both are suitable for sensitive skin (Note - I don't have sensitive skin or eyes). Both are fragrance free and do not contain alcohol.
- Bioderma wins this, hands down anyday, I prefer the formula of Bioderma Crealine H20

Efficacy
The Bioderma Crealine H20 is good at removing face and eyelid makeup, but really fails at removing water proof mascara and liner from the lower lashline and waterline. 
I kept a coton pad on my eye soaked with lots of Bioderma Crealine H20 for full 3 minutes and by the end my mascara was still there (some of it was gone and some of it still there) and I had to move cotton buds to and fro gazillion times on my lower lashline to remove the eyeliner. 
'Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover' removes all traces of mascara and eyeliner quickly (well, obviously since its oil based).
But, lets face it, at the end of the day, I don't have the time to slog it over for my makeup removal process. 
- 'Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover' wins this one

Cost and Value
Bioderma Crealine H20 - AUD 29.99 for 250 ml 
'Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover'  - AUD 9.99 for 200 ml
Nivea Daily Essentials Gentle Eye Make Up Remover- AUD 8.99 for 125 ml 
- 'Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover' clearly wins this one

How long will they last ?
Bioderma - you will have to use a lot, the cotton pad should be soaked well, for the product to work its magic. You will end up using it very quickly 
'Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover'  - This will go a long way as this is very efficient and fast at removing makeup. You don't have to use a lot.
- 'Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover' wins this one too

Overall
The only and the biggest drawback with the 'Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover' is the greasy residue, but am okay to live with it since its very fast, effective and easy at removing water-proof makeup, which is most important to me. The Bioderma Crealine H20 has an awesome formula and is a good cleanser, but fails as a makeup remover, since it is not so good at removing waterproof mascara and eyeliner plus its expensive as well. As much as I want to love the product, I am just not able to, it does not work for me.
- 'Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover' is the overall winner 

Which is your favorite makeup remover ? Did 'Bioderma Crealine H20' work for you ? Tell me in the comments below, if I am doing something wrong in the application process. I do want to like it ..

1 comment:


  1. Hi, thank you very much for help. I am going to test that in the near future. Cheers



    Gentle Makeup Remover

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog ! Hope you enjoyed reading 'The Vanity Bag Diaries'. Leave a comment and let me know you were here :)