Friday, January 4, 2013

Review - Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in 'Exposed'

Today's post is the review of Tarte 12- hour Amazonian Clay Blush in 'Exposed' and a quick comparison with MAC Blushbaby.
 
What the company says
A long-wearing, supremely soft blush infused with Amazonian clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun.
Product Performance: This 12-hour blush universally benefits all skin types for a fade-free, flawless finish in shades ranging from soft to vivid and matte to shimmer to suit a wide variety of skin tones.
Powered By: Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place while also hydrating the skin naturally to restore moisture, reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin.

Tarte 12- hour Amazonian Clay Blush in 'Exposed'



I am into natural looking, barely there blushes these days, am really enjoying my newly acquired Tarte Exposed & MAC Blushbaby blushes. The below pic is how Tarte exposed looks on me.

On me in different lights

  • When swatched, Tarte Exposed and MAC Blushbaby look similar, Tarte Exposed is definitely more plummy and pinker as compared to MAC Blushbaby.
  • On my cheeks, MAC Blush baby looks more like a muted dusty rose pink shade and Tarte exposed looks quite natural and more softer in comparison.  
  • Both of them are buildable. Both of them are beautiful colors and are perfect for everyday
  • On my skin tone, Exposed looks more natural and barely there as compared to Blushbaby (looks a gorgeous dusty rose when built up).


Tarte Exposed as compared to MAC Blushbaby

The Good
  • It does not contain any parabens, petroleum or mineral oils
  • Soft texture, easy to blend
  • Beautiful everyday color 
  • Fuss free shade will go with everything
  • Has a mirror inside, good for on the go
  • Pretty and sleek packaging 
  • Its nice that the packaging matches the product inside, makes it easy to spot
  • No fragrance 

The Bad
  • Not available in Australia (you can get it from Ebay, I got mine on my US trip)
  • Pricey - USD 25
  • No brush  (may not be a con for some)
  • Does not last for 12 hours on me (last for around 8-10 hours), which is good enough for me

    Have you tried the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes ? Which is your favorite shade of the range ?

16 comments:

  1. tarte is def deeper than blushbaby! I like how it looks on u :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Raaga, its a pretty color n am definitely enjoying both of them ..

      Delete
  2. OMG.. its so pretty.. looks nice on you Saumya!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The package is pretty!The shade looks good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shade is so pretty!!!Even i'm into natural n subtle blushes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megha. Welcome to my blog :) I am really enjoying natural blushes as they go with everything ..

      Delete
  5. aawww u look so cute... nd d blush is definitely complimenting you ..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Saumya...I'm a new follower of ur blog and I can relate to what I've written in ur "about me" sooooo well as far as ur likes are concerned. This blush is really nice...love the natural flush of colour it's giving you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dollie, glad u liked it :) Welcome to the blog, hope to see you more often :) n same pinch ..

      Delete
  7. I really want to try these but not available in England! :(
    I have a blog and it would be awesome if you could check it out!
    www.bloggerofbeauty96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! try n see online ..yup will check out soon ..

      Delete

Welcome to my blog ! Hope you enjoyed reading 'The Vanity Bag Diaries'. Leave a comment and let me know you were here :)